Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How can this be an unknown file type?
Quote:One thing that is NOT clear when it comes to the GMIC Plugin for GIMP is what directory should be specified.  I notice that there does NOT seem to be any directory named "plugins" in the path which seems to be common in other cases.

For Gimp 2.10, when a plugin is in a folder, the folder name has to be the same as the plugin file name (without any extension) For Windows use a folder gimp_gmic_qt containing gimp_gmic_qt.exe

No so important for single file plugins but Windows gmic is composed of many files.  Get the zipped version, unzip it and rename the folder to gimp_gmic_qt.

That can go anywhere providing you add it to the path list in Edit -> Preferences -> Folders -> Plug-ins
There is one caveat if using the samj portable Gimp, it already has a gimp_gmic_qt installed.  Find that one and disable by renaming the folder. Gimp will now use the new version. You could of course just replace the old folder with the new, but it is not a bad idea to keep a separate resources set up somewhere easy to get at. In linux I have all my added resources in my home partition.  

This the latest stable version gimp_gmic_qt 3.4

Messages In This Thread
How can this be an unknown file type? - by ajax - 06-13-2024, 09:22 PM
RE: How can this be an unknown file type? - by rich2005 - 06-15-2024, 07:54 AM