Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Automatic cutting image into equal parts
(06-15-2024, 07:27 AM)rinaldop Wrote: About the ofn-dial-marks.py plugin. I need to know what to use for number of marks and mark width to fill the circle. I used 100 and 3.6 degrees thinking that this would fill a 360 degree circle but the slices continued past 360.

The start angle is the center of a mark. The script will indeed cover 360°. Here it is with 10 marks of 36° each:

(06-15-2024, 07:27 AM)rinaldop Wrote: I also need to know what to use for generated paths.

Dends what you want to do with them. My ofn-stroke-fill-paths can generate a layer for each where the path is filled or outlined.

(06-15-2024, 07:27 AM)rinaldop Wrote: In order to get images of the full slice of the circle and not just the pointer I was not sure if I needed to do the steps listed in the post at the end of page 1 AND the steps listed above or just the steps listed above.

Neither. What you want is to use the One path per mark option in  ofn-dial-marks so that you get individual paths for each mark, that ofn-stroke-fill-paths will render as one layer per mark.

(06-15-2024, 07:27 AM)rinaldop Wrote: Also what does rename the bottom layer to set it to `(replace) do?

It resets the image to an image with only one mark on it, otherwise the next cycle with paint marks over existing marks and after the first cycle you will just have a full circle that doesn't appear to change.

(06-15-2024, 07:27 AM)rinaldop Wrote: I assume that the final step is to export all layers, correct?  

No, if you want an animation, the final step it to export the image as an animation in a format that allows it (GIF or WebP). No neddx to export the mayers unless you want to create the animation by othe means.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Automatic cutting image into equal parts - by Ofnuts - 06-15-2024, 09:12 AM