Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Panel always on top or hotkey to show all panels
(07-04-2024, 01:06 PM)T-TaaN Wrote: I used 2.6 before and after switched to 2.10 I noticed that all floating panels are hidden when I edit something or just wait few seconds. Is there a hotkey to show them or is there an option to make them stay on top like in 2.6?

That is a big jump from Gimp 2.6 to Gimp 2.10. We have all done it, but over a number of years... via Gimp 2.8

Are you still using the multi-panel setting for Gimp - Tools panel - Main (images) - Brushes...etc panel If so it is worth getting used to the Single Window. That is menu Windows -> Single Window Mode toggle.

There is also a possibility that when you installed Gimp 2.10 it tried to migrate previous Gimp 2.6 settings. If you still have a C:\Users\"yourname"\.gimp-2.6 directory then disable that by renaming. Disable your Gimp 2.10 user profile C:\Users\"yourname"\AppData\Roaming\GIMP\2.10 by renaming. Start Gimp 2.10, it makes a new default user profile and see if that is an improvement.

The usual hot keys for Gimp 2.10 are the Tab key for show / hide docks and F11 function key for full screen without window decoration.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Panel always on top or hotkey to show all panels - by rich2005 - 07-04-2024, 03:18 PM