Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using a watermark and "Brightness-Contrast" menu appearing uninvited and will NOT go
(07-17-2024, 08:42 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Just to add to PixLabs post, It looks like you have used the TAB key to hide the docks, TAB again to unhide  (or the alternative is in the Windows menu -> Hide Docks toggle.

That gets you (hopefully) the Tools and Tool Options, You can see the active function Brightness - Contrast is a GEGL function. Switch to a neutral tool, the measure tool is the safest. Put your watermark on, whichever method is your favourite. Then if you want, click in the canvas, hit the TAB key to hide the docks.

example animation: https://i.imgur.com/Bp7WiSx.mp4

Thank you for your answer, but I don't use a 'Toolbox'. I selected the 'Brightness-Contrast' from the drop-down menu in the top of Gimp, when altering another photo. I don't see how I could still have it selected. pressing TAB doesn't work.

Although belatedly I saw your bracketed tip, the Windows menu - > Hide Docks toggle. That worked. Thank you so much, it was so frustrating an error, as I always use GIMP how I showed in my original screenshot, and with the menus dropping down. I hadn't changed it, so there must have been a ghost, but I am glad I could get your 'ghost-fighting' help. Thank you so much Smile

Thank you both PixLab and Rich2005. I appreciate your time and help very much.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Using a watermark and "Brightness-Contrast" menu appearing uninvited and will NOT go - by LocalHistoryVictoriaPark - 07-17-2024, 09:23 AM