Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
exporting cage transformation image
(07-30-2024, 07:08 AM)denzjos Wrote: You can also try : Filters / Distorts / Lens Distortion
Thanks denzjos. I'll do that.
.... john

(07-30-2024, 08:11 AM)rich2005 Wrote:
(07-30-2024, 12:41 AM)shinnen Wrote:      Success!!! I installed version 2.10.24 and it works like a charm.
One other thing, if you will. The right side of the transformed image (maybe the left side too, but it's hard to tell) still has a slight amount of convex distortion. Is there a simple fix for this? Otherwise it looks REALLY good.

I do not know if there is a simple fix or not. Gimp 2.10.24 is OK, still not the latest which is Gimp 2.10.38
Looking at your Fastone thumbnails, those are quite big images.

Are you using an "older" Windows OS and maybe 32 bit ?   There is a plugin gimp_gmic_qt http://www.gmic.eu but it is strictly 64 bit and the latest might not work with an older Gimp version.

As an alternative to Cage transform, the Square to Circle filter (works both ways)

Attempt no 2 Had to add some padding (Image -> Canvas Size) to get a "roughly" horizontal horizon, obviously some experimentation required Wink

Thanks again rich. I'll check out the plugin and the square to filter option.
I tried installing 2.10.38 but I got the 'Entry Point Not Found' message;
so I simply opted for version 24. Who knows, if I had simply reinstalled my old version
it might have worked.
I use a couple of very thorough registry and hard drive cleaners occasionally, plus Malwarebytes,
that sometimes make changes I have to correct. They might have messed up the works
long ago. I haven't used Gimp in a couple of years. It's a steep learning curve.
I'm using Window 7 home permium 64 bit.
.... john
P.S. I'm not recieving email notifications.

Messages In This Thread
exporting cage transformation image - by shinnen - 07-29-2024, 03:24 PM
RE: exporting cage transformation image - by shinnen - 07-30-2024, 01:42 PM