Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Spacebar no longer pans canvas
(10-01-2024, 07:46 PM)rich2005 Wrote: Working here in this kubuntu 22.04 laptop / Gimp 2.10.38 from Panda Jim PPA

Have you checked in Edit -> Preferences -> Image Windows ? There is a Space Bar option -> While space bar is pressed / No-action / Pan-view / Switch-to-Move-Tool

The only time it changes here, is when the layers dock is active, the space bar toggles a layer visibility on/off

It might help if you give the Gimp version and source from repo / snap / flatpack

I can't comment on PS. My ancient PS7 / WINE and the spacebar does nothing / never has done anything Smile

I did check in the preferences you mentioned for the space bar options, which reminded me of a behavior I forgot to mention: when I hold the space bar, I am unable to move the mouse regardless of the "move" or "pan" option.

As I was writing that it dawned on me that this behavior sounded a lot like the "Disable while typing" option for my touchpad, which was active.  After disabling it, my pan with spacebar option is now functional.

Thanks for helping my few remaining synapses make the connection.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Spacebar no longer pans canvas - by rich2005 - 10-01-2024, 07:46 PM
RE: Spacebar no longer pans canvas - by jonnycat - 10-01-2024, 08:14 PM
RE: Spacebar no longer pans canvas - by Ofnuts - 10-01-2024, 07:57 PM