Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Export settings for print on demand
(Yesterday, 03:43 PM)Luperoni Wrote: Thanks for this info! I'll give Scribus a whirl. But just so I'm clear. I cant use GIMP as an editor for things I want printed becasue it only works in RGB. I need an editor that works with CMYK correct? Which would include Scribus or Photoshopnnb

....hmm....yes and no.

The (local) print shop I use wants image files as tiff or jpeg, RGB and 300 ppi. Uses an giclée ten-colour colour inkjet on archival paper. Wonderful quality but not cheap. CMYK is not always required these days, most print shops will convert colour mode themselves with the warning that some colours (bright blues and greens) become less vibrant. So you can use Gimp in this case.

Scribus is not an editor, it is desktop publishing and about the only (free) application that creates those PDF/X4 files.

If you want a (free) editor that works in both RBG and CMYK colour space then try Krita. That will convert between modes and export RGB or CMYK images, but for various reasons not in PDF format.

I had a look around for an online PDF/X4 converter without luck. There are on-line RGB to CMYK converters and image to PDF converters but limited in format.

Messages In This Thread
Export settings for print on demand - by Luperoni - 10-16-2024, 08:30 PM
RE: Export settings for print on demand - by rich2005 - 11 hours ago