Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to keep large file but export reduced optimised
My tuppence worth:

Quote:..Let's say I have a file that is 4000 x 4000...snip..I now want to save a version that is 1000 x 1000 as a JPG.

Gimp does not have a macro function. The clever guys say, write a script, assign it to a shortcut key. Forty years ago I found FORTRAN and punched cards easy. Now anything other than a few command lines are **** . I will use something else.

As earlier there is BIMP.
Not really what you need, It works with files on disk, so anything in GIMP has to be saved first. However, there is a 64 bit version that works with Windows Gimp 2.10.2
see: https://samjcreations.blogspot.ca/2018/0...ts_24.html

Looks like this (another one of my all-in-one-screenshots Smile which incidentally uses two home-made scripts one to scale 2/3rds size with a bit of sharpening and a second which exports to a 85 quality jpeg - save bandwidth - save the planet)

[Image: dF3Oou7.jpg]

(1) the image (2) a 50% scale setting (3) a brightness/contrast setting (4) export to a jpeg (5) the destination.
These can be saved in a 'preset' file for reuse later (6) is that scaled down jpeg in a viewer.

Quote:Also... how do I drag the window around.
As well as the space bar use the little icon bottom-right of the image window - as above circled.

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to keep large file but export reduced optimised - by rich2005 - 05-29-2018, 10:02 AM