Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Select By Color Bug?
(04-16-2024, 12:46 PM)programmer_ceds Wrote:
(04-15-2024, 02:11 PM)andyseabrook Wrote: So been using Gimp for years. High spec machine, version 2.10.34 and 36, both have this issue for me, windows 11 64 bit. Processing large greyscale images, suddenly Select By Color is killing other Toolbox selection, or come to that menu, or keyboard (Shift B for instance) Is this a known issue?, is there an issues forum? Can I roll back to older versions anywhere ?
Can you post a link to the image and provide exact steps to illustrate the problem? Also which version of GIMP are you using?

So this is really a reply to @programmer_ceds and @rich2005

I think rich is on the money with threshold - I cant seem to get below 8 without it locking up - I guess a memory thing. 
I wont post the whole image but here is a clip which hopefully will deliver a clearer understanding of the image.

https://pasteboard.co/U6eqx1uHkdB0.png

So the red circle contains 5 pixels that should be pushed outside the selection, but the yellow ellipse (although not clear here) contains pixels at between 0.7 - 0.9 grayscale that should be included in the selection. So I need to select at a threshold of 1.

The steps were as stated I open a greyscale image although I didnt mention it is a 16bit image "mostly black with white or at least black with lighter areas, and directly after loading with Select by Color I am clicking in the black area. So that defines a selection. And that's it, Gimp immediately becomes unresponsive."

As I said I intended to drop a fill into that area, blacking (RGB(0,0,0)) over the near black pixels, those in the yellow ellipse. And I did say that I have done this countless times, but thinking about it, not at this kind of a threshold.
 I guess that's the rub.

Perhaps there is another less hungry (if it is about memory) way of going about this. So I want to make all pixels less than 1 = 0.

Any suggestions welcome.

Messages In This Thread
Select By Color Bug? - by andyseabrook - 04-15-2024, 02:11 PM
RE: Select By Color Bug? - by rich2005 - 04-15-2024, 02:40 PM
RE: Select By Color Bug? - by andyseabrook - 04-16-2024, 11:42 AM
RE: Select By Color Bug? - by rich2005 - 04-16-2024, 12:13 PM
RE: Select By Color Bug? - by programmer_ceds - 04-16-2024, 12:46 PM
RE: Select By Color Bug? - by andyseabrook - 04-16-2024, 07:11 PM