Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Changing the Size of dockable dialogs and more
Looking at the two images attached, I would like to change the size of the dockable dialogs in the top row of image 1. Furthermore I would like to change the size of other parts of the interface like the top row in image 2, which starts with 'icons' of "edit this brush" on the left and ends with "open brush as image" on the right. Same goes for the row at the bottom of image 2 or the expand symbol in the second row at the top to the right (image 2), same symbol in the top row of image 1 to the right.  

Background information: I am experiencing an unresolved bug described in this link: https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gimp/-/issues/5475 which results in an offset when using a pressure stylus on my Wacom Cintiq 16 on a Windows 8.1 operating system. This offset goes away when I change the "size of all items" to smallest in windows display settings. ie. drag the bar all the way to the left. Now I can use the drawing tablet on a 1920x1080 resolution without having an offset on my pen, but the interface in gimp becomes so tiny that I can feel my eyesight deteriorating in real time. 

So I was able to change the size of the icons like brush and eraser easily under "edit-preferences-icon theme" and set icon size to custom.
Then I was able to manually change the font size in the gtkrc file as described here: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Charac...-text-size

Those two steps make for a much more appealing result already, but now that I'm at it I would also like to manually resize the other parts of the interface to have a full workaround. This would also include things like increasing the size of layers in the layers dialog and what have you, but adjusting what's specified in the images would make me happy.

I suppose my objective can be reached by tweaking the gtkrc file some more, but just randomly increasing values after every "width" and "height" and "size" didn't quite do the trick so I'd much rather ask for the help of a seasoned gimper who might be familiar with the code.

Attached Files Image(s)

Messages In This Thread
Changing the Size of dockable dialogs and more - by Gimpquester - 11-04-2021, 08:35 PM