Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Editing character’s lower torso taller?
As in the link attached below, how do I edit this character’s lower torso so it is almost as tall as her upper torso without messing up the whole picture? I want the end result to look as natural as the initial appearance… only that her lower torso is almost as tall as her upper one

file: https://ibb.co/0hSjp6s
Something like this?

I played around with the warp tool.

rich2005 did a nice tuto/video with "Liquid Rescale" where he squeezes the legs of a man (maybe on a draw) using green and red transparent layers as "touch" / "dont touch",
Sadly I cannot find it here anymore, that's kind of example that should go in the "tuto" forum

@zeuspaul, the OP want to extend the part in the red rectangle not only the skurt Wink

EDIT:

After few trial, I recall how it works
here a video

Patrice
An older version of the Windows lqr plugin is here.

https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Liquid...-Gimp-2-10

A more recent Windows 64 bit version is attached. I advise using that version.

Choose one version, unzip and put the files in your Gimp User profile plugins folder

I have just tried each in turn in a Win10 / Gimp 2.10.34 (rev2) and works ok

Attached Files
.zip   gimp-lqr_Win64.zip (Size: 71.55 KB / Downloads: 111)
@c4cc

Probably not a single-stage edit. You can use either of the previous proposals.

Mine ? I deal with just the bottom of the image first. I did use liquid rescale to synthesize width and height while keeping a matching joint. Then back into the original as an overlay, I think the skirt should have a flare, so adjust using unified-transform tool  

I tried the version in post #4, but the plugin, which I believe should appear under the Layers menu, did not appear.

Then I tried the older version, from the thread "Liquid rescale fix-up for Windows Gimp 2.10". Only to equally not find the plugin under the Layer menu.

What I did in both cases was to place the unzipped folder in my plugins folder.

Considering that more and more plugins and scripts are being killed off with new versions of The Gimp, it looks like I'm going to stay out of date for a long time to come :-)
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
Well...

Quote:What I did in both cases was to place the unzipped folder in my plugins folder.

It might be using the samj Gimp portable, but in any case do not use the the files in their own folder, just put the individual files directly into the plugins folder.

(using my netbook at the moment, I will have a go with samj when back to regular laptop)
(08-18-2023, 05:31 PM)Krikor Wrote: I tried the version in post #4, but the plugin, which I believe should appear under the Layers menu, did not appear.

Then I tried the older version, from the thread "Liquid rescale fix-up for Windows Gimp 2.10". Only to equally not find the plugin under the Layer menu.

What I did in both cases was to place the unzipped folder in my plugins folder.

Considering that more and more plugins and scripts are being killed off with new versions of The Gimp, it looks like I'm going to stay out of date for a long time to come :-)

the folder should have the very same name than the plugin, in this case gimp-lqr-plugin without the extension .exe (at least it's like that for python plugin)
Patrice
@Krikor

For simplicity, use the 64 bit version which is only two files.  For a samj portable, pop  them into Preferences -> plug-ins

This using a samj 2.10.32

(back to computer scrabble on the old netbook)
(08-18-2023, 05:35 AM)PixLab Wrote: rich2005 did a nice tuto/video with "Liquid Rescale" where he squeezes the legs of a man (maybe on a draw) using green and red transparent layers as "touch" / "dont touch",
Sadly I cannot find it here anymore, that's kind of example that should go in the "tuto" forum

@zeuspaul, the OP want to extend the part in the red rectangle not only the skurt Wink

EDIT:

After few trial, I recall how it works
here a video

Thanks for this, it helped. May I have that edited pic please, if you had saved it? Thanks