Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Extended ruler
If the 'Measure Tool' in gimp is not satisfactory for you, then the 'MB-Ruler may be a solution for you. The free version for private use offers many options and you can use it for free for an unlimited time. The pro version has more options, but you have to pay for them.

https://www.markus-bader.de/MB-Ruler/download.php
And for Linux it's direct the free pro (crastinator) version even for commercial use Big Grin and is over-there https://gnomecoder.wordpress.com/screenruler/
or
Code:
sudo apt install screenruler
or
your graphical repository AKA app store

OK, it does not do all the thing like the @denzjos link, does not do angle, way point, triangle, etc... Wink
Patrice
(05-28-2024, 05:32 PM)PixLab Wrote: And for Linux it's direct the free pro (crastinator) version even for commercial use  Big Grin and is over-there https://gnomecoder.wordpress.com/screenruler/
or
Code:
sudo apt install screenruler
or
your graphical repository AKA app store

OK, it does not do all the thing like the @denzjos link, does not do angle, way point, triangle, etc... Wink

If you use KDE there is also kruler:

(05-28-2024, 11:18 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: If you use KDE there is also kruler:

Naming on Linux between GNOME and KDE Dodgy

When I fully switched to Ubuntu-MATE almost a decade ago, to call the calculator (via synapse), you needed to input galculator... as it was not recognizing the word calculator.

My wife told me "so we are teaching our kids to wrong spell calculator by galculator?", and she was right, I spoke about it in the ubuntu-MATE forum using my wife arguments, and the next update (~1 or 2 months later) they did corrected it Big Grin
Patrice
(05-29-2024, 02:39 AM)PixLab Wrote:

Naming on Linux between GNOME and KDE   Dodgy

When I fully switched to Ubuntu-MATE almost a decade ago, to call the calculator (via synapse), you needed to input galculator... as it was not recognizing the word calculator.

My wife told me "so we are teaching our kids to wrong spell calculator by galculator?", and she was right, I spoke about it in the ubuntu-MATE forum using my wife arguments, and the next update (~1 or 2 months later) they did corrected it  Big Grin

You are confusing the name of the app with its function. This is not Image-Editor-Forum.net and you don't seem to mind?

And the g- or K- prefix is a good way to tell with which desktop it bests integrates with (even if I use `galgulatorè because it does the RPN I have been raised with).
Also this is a nice one and also free (windows) : https://sourceforge.net/projects/screenruler/

(05-29-2024, 09:11 AM)denzjos Wrote: Also this is a nice one and also free (windows) : https://sourceforge.net/projects/screenruler/

denzjos, when I saw that it was portable I had to test it.

I liked it, practical and easy to use! ?
Samj PortableGimp 2.10.28 - Win-10 /64.
(05-29-2024, 08:39 AM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(05-29-2024, 02:39 AM)PixLab Wrote:

Naming on Linux between GNOME and KDE   Dodgy

My wife told me "so we are teaching our kids to wrong spell calculator by galculator?", and she was right, I spoke about it in the ubuntu-MATE forum using my wife arguments, and the next update (~1 or 2 months later) they did corrected it  Big Grin

1 You are confusing the name of the app with its function. 2 This is not Image-Editor-Forum.net and you don't seem to mind?

3 And the g- or K- prefix is a good way to tell with which desktop it bests integrates with (even if I use `galgulatorè because it does the RPN I have been raised with).

1 No, not at all, not confusing anything. 2 It's a GIMP forum, GIMP is software that does more than just image editing, if it was called as you said, people could ask how to do it using Affinity photo, Photoshop, Pixelitor, etc....

3 I know very well what K, G, Qt, etc... mean, I was just making fun of it by showing how it can be wrong, and yes my wife is right ➤ it's not because a calculator software is called Kalculator/Galculator/Gnulculator/Whatnotlator, that you should not be able to call it by its function AKA "calculator" on Synapse ➤ which Ubuntu-MATE did, a good example would be the "alacarte" menu that you can call by "menu" or .... "mozo" (yeah... someone got some fun Big Grin )
Patrice
Some reality.

You can of course, untick View -> Dot-for-Dot and set zoom to 100%

Then use an actual ruler for the measurement.  Wink

(06-03-2024, 09:28 AM)rich2005 Wrote: Some reality.

You can of course, untick View -> Dot-for-Dot and set zoom to 100%

Then use an actual ruler for the measurement.  Wink

But not with a metal ruler if you don't want to scratch you screen.