Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French Olympics
This was just one event but the 400 meters is 8 laps of a 50 meter pool and Ariane did the qualifier and final on the same night.

The Aussie guys are not doing so well in the pool as they used to. Australia is leading the medal tally but I'm predicting China or the US will top the tally.
Here is a link to the medal count.

Like it or not many countries use this to justify their national superiority. I'm thinking countries who used systematic doping to win at all costs. This attitude is outside the spirit of the games.

I think having 'Hong Kong China' and 'Peoples Republic of China' as 2 separate entities on this list is blatant propaganda.
I got a whatsapp, I wanted to share Big Grin

Patrice
Ha,ha Pixlab don't need to smoke weed to get high Smile

Probably one of the shots of the Olympics. The surfing from Tahiti has been awesome. This venue is the furthest an event has ever been held from the host city - 16,000km from Paris.

Some interesting Olympic facts - different nations will tend to focus on events competitors from their own countries are competing in. We are definitely not getting an overview of the Paris Olympics on Australian TV. Probably many countries are the same.

I think I cleared-up the Paris train network sabotage. A certain dictator is obsessed by the Olympics and waited for just 2 days after the Beijing Olympics closed before invading his next door neighbor. This nutter hates the fact the World stopped him from cheating at the Paris Olympics. He thinks the Olympics are about prestige rather than peace. So many deluded despots kept in power by brainless thugs.

A deceased friend said that communities and nations can operate like an immune response to pathogens. I believe him. Don't underestimate the evolutionary algorithm Smile
Wow nice, I was not aware of this picture, thanks for sharing the info.

(07-30-2024, 07:02 AM)Tas_mania Wrote: This venue is the furthest an event has ever been held from the host city - 16,000km from Paris.

Yep, France is the country which have the most time zones (12 official TZ), things can be... very far away Big Grin
Patrice
Here is the medal tally at August 4.

It now looks as predicted but very nice to see the host nation in 3rd behind the 'superpowers'.

Ariarne update - she has 2 golds from the 400m and relay and got silver to Katie Ledecky in the 800m. This is 16 laps of an Olympic pool so there are 16 turns.
By population number, Australia is really impressive!
Patrice
Quote:By population number, Australia is really impressive!
Hi Patrice, the government here finances a lot of training thru the Australian Institute of Sport after some sad Olympics results. I think it pays-
off. The amount of diversity of Olympics sports is amazing. So many new sports like BMX, skateboarding and rock climbing.

I saw windsurfing from Marseilles France under ideal conditions and had never seen them out of the water before. I don't think the Olympics brings peace anymore looking at the wars and street violence around the World. Maybe it's too cumbersome to host so many events together?

Next Olympics is LA in 2028 and Brisbane Aus in 2032.
France and Australia have been swapping 3rd position on the Medal table this week.

[url=https://olympics.com/en/paris-2024/medals][/url]
With more days to go, Australia has it's youngest ever Olympic gold medalist at 14 years old.

Here is what she did:
"A McTwist 540 was followed by a body variable 540. She showed technical excellence and stylish movement throughout the run, ending with a noseblunt revert. The judges duly rewarded the run, with a score of 93.18 moving her into first".

Australia had to settle for silver in the surfing in Tahiti with the local (French) guy getting gold by picking the last of the big waves of the day. It was an insane ride.
(08-05-2024, 07:25 AM)Tas_mania Wrote:
Quote:By population number, Australia is really impressive!
Hi Patrice, the government here finances a lot of training thru the Australian Institute of Sport after some sad Olympics results. I think it pays-
off. The amount of diversity of Olympics sports is amazing. So many new sports like BMX, skateboarding and rock climbing.

Indeed it pays off very well, and it is very visible, also congratulation for overtaking France with gold Smile  
BTW Marseille is my native town (we don't put an s at the end in French  Big Grin )
Patrice