Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP will never be what PS is until these things are fixed
@Ofnuts
Thank you for your constructive post! The layers are flattening at random times I'm sure what that's about, but it does not happen in PS unless I specifically tell it to flatten. I'll watch a few videos on it and see what I can come up with.

Well two of the developers informed me this morning that a few of what I suggested is not possible at the moment. The direct selection is there and obviously there are other ways of doing things but not as efficient.

I simply came here to ask and took the time to present ideas from my experience that might be useful additions in the near future. A few immature people here came  back with defensive responses like we're not interested. People that don't like ideas or input, then walk with your eyes closed in the dark and see how far you get in life with that attitude. ya ya. I know the old saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." I've always agree with that. I say to those people, spend 24 years on PS and then tell me what it's missing. Nothing-It's already perfect. I'll start watching Youtube lessons and learning GIMP. Hows that for a deal?
If GIMP is so much better than PS, then explain why 99 percent of professional studios don't use it? Because they want to spend money on licenses? or it must be something else. I didn't come here to say that GIMP was not as good. I just wanted to throw a few functionality and tool ideas out there the pub that are in PS. No big deal. I can say one thing, the developers were a LOT more mature then some of you and showed appreciation.

have a wonderful day.

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIMP will never be what PS is until these things are fixed - by Photoshopsince2000 - 10-11-2024, 10:37 AM