Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ghost images after using Scale tool
I'm trying to scale a piece of text.  I've created it, found out it's not quite the size I want, and used the Scale tool to change it.

To begin with, I clicked the Text button, typed out a piece of text, then clicked Alpha to Selection, then used the Move tool, then clicked Alpha to Selection again to reselect, then used the Scale tool.  When I finish scaling, a ghost image of the text's original position remains, and will not go away - I have to delete the layer to get rid of it every time (and by the way, it's still there on export too).

What's going wrong?
These are anti-aliasing pixels on the eges of the text. Being partly transparent, they are only partly selected (alpha to selection means selection level=opacity...), so one part is scaled, and another part remains.

If you have a text layer, scale the whole layer without selecting the text first. This will scale the whole thing.

However, scaling text as pixels will make it a bit blurry because pixels will be interpolated. A better/cleaner s solution is to use Layer > Text to path to create a path form the text, then scale the path with the Scale tool (transform tools have a Transform row of icons at the top of the options to apply them to layers/selection/mask/path/image), and then fill the scaled path.
(08-17-2024, 10:15 PM)dominiqueglass Wrote: I've created it, found out it's not quite the size I want, and used the Scale tool to change it.

Why?  Huh
Why not just change the text size....

Patrice
Quote:Why not just change the text size....

I like to use Justify > centered       It's great for making posters. Adjust letter spacing is also good sometimes. Makes the line wider  Smile