Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tablet not usable
(09-25-2024, 08:18 PM)Ofnuts Wrote:
(09-25-2024, 08:09 PM)Carl Dershem Wrote: ...snip....
I re-checked the Wacom  software, and it worked fine to (for example) calibrate the pen and pad, so the pen s recognized, but for whatever reason, not fully functional.  This says software to me, not hardware.

Still waiting for a screenshot... Angel
@Carl Dershem

I suspect it is more than just a software issue, however this is using a Wacom tablet that is so old I cannot even give it away.

You watched a YT video, so you will already have done this with the tablet plugged in.
Edit -> Input Devices (1) Choose the Wacom stylus (2) Set the mode to Screen (3) and you might have to Adjust the Pressure curve (4) Then of course Save (and restart Gimp to be on the safe side)

One thing that you can do is set both mouse and stylus to use the same tool. Edit -> Preferences -> Input devices (5)  You can always change back to the default at a later date. 

Then of course if you want to use stylus pressure for drawing you do need to enable one of the pressure dynamics from the toolbox tool options (6)

Tablets / Gimp 2.10 / Windows can be picky about when a USB tablet is enabled, Start Gimp and plug tablet in and if that does not work plug tablet in then start Gimp.  You might want to try the development version of Gimp 2.99 (or wait for Gimp 3) where I believe tablet support is improved.

...and of course, lets have that screenshot of your Gimp setup.

Edit: Is the tablet this one ? Wacom Cintiq 16: Graphics tablet with screen. Connect the digital drawing tablet with PC or laptop via 3-in-1 connector & create ideas directly on the 15.6 inch screen. If it is, how does the tablet display interact with Gimp ? Does the computer/Gimp installation mirror what is displayed on the tablet ? Very expensive hardware, maybe not supported by very cheap (as in free) software, although for painting you might want to try Krita https://krita.org/en/

Messages In This Thread
Tablet not usable - by Carl Dershem - 09-23-2024, 09:49 PM
RE: Tablet not usable - by Ofnuts - 09-23-2024, 11:27 PM
RE: Tablet not usable - by Carl Dershem - 09-25-2024, 08:09 PM
RE: Tablet not usable - by Ofnuts - 09-25-2024, 08:18 PM
RE: Tablet not usable - by rich2005 - 09-26-2024, 07:36 AM
RE: Tablet not usable - by Carl Dershem - 09-26-2024, 04:05 PM
RE: Tablet not usable - by rich2005 - 09-26-2024, 05:11 PM