Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
android phone and photos
I am using portable phone only to phone and shoot photos, nothing more because my bad eyes don't like the little screens and bad keyboards. Until now I did use a very old portable phone for old peoples with big keys, cam but very little screen. It was possible to connect it directly with linux per USB cable and use it as memory card reader, a very comfortable way also to accede to the photos or files. But the back wall of the battery was part of the box of the phone. In the last time, it was not possible to continue to use that "phonausor" because of any power of the battery was loose and no way to find a new fresh one... As in Germany where I live, (old) new tablets with android 10..12 are offered very cheap, I did buy one small one as phone and a 10" tablet (with high resolution screen) one as my future tool to process photos, picture and maps.

So I am dependent from tablets (it is completely new for me) or laptop screens to do the rest.

But the first problem for me is to transmit the shoot photos to large 10" tablett alt. to my old linux laptop (it is preferable as I actually discover and not really know the android app's and tools).

I did connect an USB cable. Nothing to do: no communication turned on or turned off (the old portable phone did have to be turned off to be only some kind of memory card reader!).

I did find at "akp pure" in android (as I prefer to avoid the services from google) 2 "gimp-s". a small one and a very large one (not very good for the portable phone tablet having a small memory capacity).

The commands of the small gimp (for the phone! For the large tablet 10" I will in the future install the big "gimp" for android, of course!) are totally different from those in linux, and not evident! For ex. save the actual stage of the transformation of the original photo (as a different doc to don't alter the original, of cours!). No Alt-S ... But the app claims to save. And no save function (preserving or not) in the very small menu!

What would be the best succession of commands to make out the large original photos very little ones to, for ex., publish in forum threads etc.?

How to transmit the photos from Android to Linux (of course each on a separate tablet/PC)?

Is there no handbook for android app's, espec. for gimp mini or gimp full for Android?

Messages In This Thread
android phone and photos - by oui - 09-29-2024, 10:17 PM
RE: android phone and photos - by Ofnuts - 09-30-2024, 06:13 AM
RE: android phone and photos - by Tas_mania - 09-30-2024, 08:38 AM
RE: android phone and photos - by rich2005 - 09-30-2024, 09:39 AM
RE: android phone and photos - by Ofnuts - 09-30-2024, 12:13 PM