Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new gimp 2.10.38 appimages with python2
Hi, Tas,

FWIW, I have your (I think) gimp-2-10-38-overlay-py2.AppImage running in Ubuntu 24.04.1 in order to use (at least some) scripts, like WrapMap, but I find that it does not respond to keyboard input.

For example, I cannot edit the name of a layer, or even change the filename from 'Unnamed.png' for an exported file.

I've been going between the AI and standardGIMP depending on whether I'm using scripts or doing administrative tasks.

[EDIT: I just found your post expressing your, deep, concerns about what's going on with Ubuntu. I can understand that you won't be excited about continuing to bend over backwards to make an AppImage compatible with Ubuntu's latest-and-greatest, since they seem to be moving away from you...

You said that going forward Debian might be an alternative.

This is absolutely going to annihilate my workflow. I will install a latest-Debian-release virtual machine post-haste and see if I can get your AppImage to wake up there.

A--very--belated thank-you for all your work to keep GIMP scripts alive this far by bundling Python2 support into an AppImage.]

Messages In This Thread
RE: new gimp 2.10.38 appimages with python2 - by gramp - Yesterday, 01:41 PM