Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP 299.10 virus alert during installation
(03-28-2022, 12:16 PM)Wilvand Wrote: Ik downloaded GIMP.299.10 from the direct link on the GIMP.org site.
Installation on my Windows 10 system, Avast antivirus blocked the installation with following alerts
- Smime3.dll
- mss3.dll
- msutil3.dll
- libnspr4.dll
Infected with Win32:malOb-U(Cryp) malware.
Researching, i learned this virus is a major menace to the operating system.I tried tot report this to GIMP.org but couldn't get a working account on gnome gitlab.
Can someone check what's happening
Thanks
In the days when I used Windows the AV software that I used had the option of sending the AV company the file that was causing the problem - I did this a number of times and in every case, within a day or so, the AV program would stop reporting the issue as it (the AV program) had been corrected.

In most cases the issue is just that the program that is being flagged as being infected just happens to contain a pattern of bytes that is the same as the pattern that the AV software uses to recognise a particular item of malware.

You would almost certainly be right to complain to the AV company and not to GIMP.

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIMP 299.10 virus alert during installation - by programmer_ceds - 03-29-2022, 04:20 PM