Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to create a circle line?
Hello,

I hope I'm going to explain this well enough. This is my first attempt at using GIMP so, I'm hoping the solution is not too complicated. 

I have a jpeg image which, as far as I know is all 1 layer. That's what it shows as in GIMP. It was made by an AI (which couldn't spell, which is why I am trying to fix it)! The whole image is square, with an outer circle with text and small graphics. Then an inner circle with a image graphic. The text in the oputer circle is part of the image/layer and, I have managed to remove the mis-spelt letters. Now I need to move some letters to match the remaining correct text in the outer circle. 

I have managed to get the letters in roughly the correct position but, still need to align them to flow round the outer circle to match the rest of the text. I think I need an circular line to let me place the letters properly. This is what I'm having trouble with. I have got a circular selection marker created, in a separate layer, in the place I need but, I think I need e.g. a white circular line where the selection marker is to let me pull the text to the right place. Obviously, if I select anything else e.g. any text, the circular selection marker disappears.

I would need to have the line there while I align the text correctly and, then delete the line once I am finished with the text.

If further information is needed, please let me know.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Graham

Messages In This Thread
How to create a circle line? - by TargetedIT - 07-02-2024, 03:32 PM
RE: How to create a circle line? - by denzjos - 07-02-2024, 04:04 PM
RE: How to create a circle line? - by rich2005 - 07-02-2024, 06:19 PM
RE: How to create a circle line? - by TargetedIT - 07-05-2024, 12:50 PM