Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Dockable Dialog
(10-02-2024, 06:51 PM)gremlinkurst Wrote:
(10-01-2024, 07:55 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: See: https://www.gimp-forum.net/Thread-Gettin...ce-for-all

This should be also applicable to your version.

This said, can you explain "they are incapable of preserving or manipulating transparency in images." because yes, there are some differences(*), but if you insist things can still work the old way.

(*) Between 2.8 and 2.10, but if you stopped at 2.6, then you didn't see them?

No, it doesn't work the same way. I can't get the newer versions to render transparency at all. The resultant PNG images might as well be friggin' JPEGs.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was profoundly frustrated. I found the solution: Delete ALL Windows registry entries excepting those relating to application installers. Now it's back. Of course, now I have to retweak all my settings, but while somewhat tedious and time-consuming, I can fully restore the application's customized functionality. It would have killed me to no longer be able to rotate images to specific degrees.

We all produce PNGs with transparency in Gimp 2.10 here so it is possible. Something happens at your end and makes you draw a wrong conclusion. Please share with us a XCF that doesn't produce a transparent PNG with Gimp 2.10.

Gimp doesn't use the registry to keep its settings, and you can save all your settings by copying the Gimp profile directory.

Messages In This Thread
Missing Dockable Dialog - by gremlinkurst - 10-01-2024, 01:52 AM
RE: Missing Dockable Dialog - by PixLab - 10-01-2024, 06:29 AM
RE: Missing Dockable Dialog - by gremlinkurst - 10-02-2024, 06:51 PM
RE: Missing Dockable Dialog - by Ofnuts - 10-03-2024, 12:01 AM
RE: Missing Dockable Dialog - by rich2005 - 10-01-2024, 07:45 AM
RE: Missing Dockable Dialog - by Ofnuts - 10-01-2024, 07:55 PM