Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GIMP will never be what PS is until these things are fixed
(10-10-2024, 06:10 AM)Photoshopsince2000 Wrote: I don't really see the crime in voicing an idea. It seem like you do.
......./ I put them toghether Wink /................
I've used Photoshop for 24 years, how many years have you used it to make a comparison? I've used both. I don't really see the crime in voicing an idea to try to improve something. I mean if people close their eyes and ears, how are you to move forward.  I'm not a software programmer, I'm just a software user and my experiences are the best I can offer.

Indeed it's not a crime, and requests are very welcome, but what you were asking is already in GIMP... and the pamphlet you wrote was looking like...  Wink

(10-10-2024, 06:10 AM)Photoshopsince2000 Wrote: The layers are flattening on me when I drag a layer. Not sure why but as soon as I move an object it flattens down the bottom layer. Maybe a bug.

If you could do a screencast, and put it on imgur.com for instance, with a link here for us to see what's going on, or a screenshot at minima, I'm sure we will find out why.
maybe you are hitting a shotcut key involuntarily while selecting the layer you want to move in the layers' dock/dialog?

(10-10-2024, 06:10 AM)Photoshopsince2000 Wrote: So I don't doubt you that many of these things are possible. But I'm reading posts with PS users asking the same questions and GIMP users are coming back and saying many of these things are not there or they requires more steps.

Ask here! Don't hesitate, the two admins and other members have great knowledge about GIMP and every one will be happy to help you, and not only that, but you will learn/see different point of view/methods  Wink

(10-10-2024, 06:10 AM)Photoshopsince2000 Wrote: And yes you are right. i do want it to work like PS...lol because it's free and I know PS. you caught me.

Big Grin  Big Grin  Big Grin

Please have a great day
Patrice

Messages In This Thread
RE: GIMP will never be what PS is until these things are fixed - by PixLab - 10-10-2024, 10:13 AM