Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French Olympics
Quote:BTW Marseille is my native town

Great, a nice place to come from Cool

Pity France could not out-play the US in basketball. But who can beat those guys?

Almost wrapping this up now. Arrow   For Australia our most successful Olympics ever but it was females who appear to have won most of our gold medals*.

WARNING. About to go off topic. During the Olympics Australian researchers revealed that common plastic packaging causes autism in boys.
That plastic is BPA it's in these products.

*In this country we are losing entire generations of males to autism and other 'neuro-diverse' conditions. In my time school lunches were in paper bags and nobody in our school had autism. Nil.

Now we see young people with serious neurological conditions struggling to do basic tasks. When we found asbestos causes serious lung conditions the entire industry was sued out of existence and it folded. I'm predicting that will not happen with BPA because our society is now more corrupt and irrational. Crazy people have lowered all human standards of behavior and then started digging even deeper.

I'm hoping the rest of this year will be a time of reformers saving our disintegrating world from people who should have been identified as mentally ill before they got into power.

I'm going to be vague because it's a 'no politics or religion' watercooler. LoL
For me religion is science 100% so why should science be silenced? For me 'politics' is democracy so dictatorships could not be 'politics'. Dictators are just criminals but why are criminals a protected species.

This island was made by criminals for criminals and I moved here because the rest of my country became unlivable. Over 40 degrees is too hot and air conditioning with fossil fuels makes it hotter. Nuclear waste stays dangerous for 100,000 years.
Not the Olympics, still sport, and just a extremely proud dad who can no longer hold back from sharing  Big Grin

This past weekend (august 10 and 11) my two sons participated to a Jiu jitsu big event competition, that was a loooong day (for us the parents  Big Grin ), and they got the Gold and Silver Heart

The event place (just the phone's pics, I did not cull, yet, the one from my camera)

My eldest with its Silver (he deserved Gold, though, yeah I know that's the dad opinion  Big Grin )

My youngest with its Gold

Fun fact, both my sons told me "one of the referee is french", thus I asked how they know that.... they answered ➤ "the way he speaks English" Big Grin Big Grin
Patrice
Thumbs Up 
Hi Patrice, a long day but worth it. That's a great sport that combines both mental and physical. Congratulations to you all. Nice venue as well Smile

If this is the last medal tally

The US has the most medals. They got 14 gold in athletics.
China got 8 gold medals just in diving - a lot more than many countries.
Japan who came 3rd got 8 gold medals in wrestling.
These countries know how to pick-up the gold Smile

I say 'propaganda sucks' because if China was honest they would include Hong Kong's 2 gold medals in fencing and finished on top of the US.
The US deserves to be at the top because China is just a hopeless dictatorship. When they come to Australia none of them have ever voted before and have to be taught how to do it.
Thank you Tas_mania
About HK, did Hong Kong change from the last 10 years? Yes... but still Hong Kong is Hong Kong, I'll go back few days in HK in September ➤ no visa needed, but if I go to Shanghai, I do need to process for a visa Wink

I was looking to France's all medals discipline, and I was very happy to see that we got the most in Judo (10). I did Judo when I was a kid like a lot of kids in those time, so for me Judo is a kind of French legacy if I can say that, and no other country has as much medals in Judo than France, I'm very happy with that Big Grin
Patrice
I'm happy France got 10 gold medals in Judo! 

It will take a long time to pay for the 2024 games. Hosting the Olympics is too big for most countries and I question why it must combine so many events. (like breakdancing)

For those who like Asian philosophy, every 3rd Olympics is held in the year of the dragon. (3*4=12) The dragon symbolises rising power so the Olympics will always be used to establish national prestige even if only for domestic reasons.
(08-13-2024, 04:53 AM)PixLab Wrote: Thank you Tas_mania
About HK, did Hong Kong change from the last 10 years? Yes... but still Hong Kong is Hong Kong, I'll go back few days in HK in September ➤ no visa needed, but if I go to Shanghai, I do need to process for a visa Wink

I was looking to France's all medals discipline, and I was very happy to see that we got the most in Judo (10). I did Judo when I was a kid like a lot of kids in those time, so for me Judo is a kind of French legacy if I can say that, and no other country has as much medals in Judo than France, I'm very happy with that Big Grin

When I was young my judo teacher was a guy named Henri Courtine. Look him up :-)
(08-14-2024, 03:20 PM)Ofnuts Wrote: When I was young my judo teacher was a guy named Henri Courtine. Look him up :-)

Oh, yeah! the first French 10th dan, he is not just anyone  Cool

My judo teacher was Mr Juillé, I don't know his first name nor the right spelling, could be Juillet, because we always called him "Mr juillé"... Aahhh souvenir, souvenir  Big Grin

Tas_mania\ Wrote:I'm happy France got 10 gold medals in Judo!

Thanks, but, Wowww, that would have been pure awesomeness, no, not 10 Gold  Big Grin , 10 medals in total (2 Gold, 2 Silver, and 6 Bronze all together)

Patrice
Hi Patrice I realized that was for all medals in judo but it's a good result. Unfortunately It reminded me of my school days in the 'public system' in Australia. No martial arts were ever offered although brawls in the school yard were common.

Early-on I learned that if threatened the best response was to basically flatten the other guy. After that nobody picked on you. I wonder how those early experiences shaped my personality today. Compared to you guys, Australians are barely civilized.

I see a big challenge today is how to deal with all the negativity that just watching an international news bulletin can produce. Many people  avoid the entire reality thing and just live in their own little world of delusion. Art can help that process and it can also destroy it.

I'll go out on a limb here and say 'I think Banksy is just wasting his time.'

I think the IOC is also wasting it's time awarding the Olympics to authoritarian dictatorships in the deluded believe they will somehow magically grow a conscience. It's not going to happen.

I do think LA is the prefect place to hold the Olympics in 2028 because its one big delusion held in another big delusion. They were made for each other.

I recently discovered that an estimated 108 billion people have  lived on this planet since humans appeared.

I divided the US Federal (government) debt of $35trillion by all the people who have ever lived on Earth. I found that if everybody who has ever lived had donated $324 to the US government they would be debt-free today.
(That's 35 to the power of 12 divided by108 to the power of 9.)

So yes, the US can definitely afford the next Olympics Smile